It Hardly Matters

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Cool and Breezy

What does it mean when Neil Young's "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" comes on my iPod (it's on shuffle) every morning as I ascend the subway steps at 40th Street to go to work? I'm sure you can venture a guess.

Also regarding the shocking entry into my office building every morning: Massey and I were saying that the turnstiles in the lobby of our building should greet us with a "Good Morning" in a soothing, vaguely sensual voice as we swipe our IDs, instead of greeting us with the usual mechanized whirrs and whizzes and frequent high-pitched BZZZZZZZZing for those of us who dare to step into a turnstile's realm too soon after the drone in front of us. The voice could also say stuff like, "You look handsome today," or "Excellent choice of footwear." Just an idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home